There are currently shipping restrictions imposed due to the
SARS-CoV-2 pandemic which may lead to delays of shipments
outside the European Union.
Internal Accelerator for Amiga 500/500+
Wicher 508i turbo card has been designed for installation inside Amiga
A500/A500+ computers. It supports 68000 CPUs (using PLCC68 package),
up to 11 MB of Fast RAM and IDE 2,5" hard drives. CPU clock speed
can be set up to 50 MHz.
Wicher 508i came into being as a universal solution for users looking
for highly-clocked MC68000 classic Amiga CPUs. (Stable configurations
running at 50 MHz have been confirmed when paired with MC68HC000 series
chip. Unfortunately, not every unit is capable of performing at this
clock speeds over longer periods of time.)
The card also provides the necessary interfaces for connecting 2,5"
IDE hard drives and I2C bus devices.
Not every CPU unit remains stable when overclocked (i.e. clocked with higher speeds
than the one prescribed by its manufacturer).
- Amiga A500/A500+ compatibility (in place of the original CPU)
- PLCC68-packaged MC68HC000 chip support
- recommended chip version: MC68HC000 (not included)
- supported CPU clock speeds: 7.25 MHz - 50 MHz
- RAM: 16 MB SDRAM (of which AmigaOS can use up to 11 MB)
- Amiga A600 compatible IDE controller (Kickstart >= 2.05 (37.350) required)
- I2C controller
- MapROM function
- BootROM function
- Kickstart: recommended Kickstart 3.1 or higher (Kickstart >= 2.05 (37.350) required)