There are currently shipping restrictions imposed due to the
SARS-CoV-2 pandemic which may lead to delays of shipments
outside of Europe.
Internal USB Keyboard Interface for Amiga 600
The Sum adapter, which is based upon a 16-bit Microchip microcontroller, enables
you to connect USB HID keyboards to your Amiga. It has been designed to be installed
inside the A600's casing.
The Sum adaper provides a built-in USB stack which enables USB HID keyboard support
without the need to install additional software drivers. The device installation procedure
is a matter of simply seating it upon the U7 chip located on A600's motherboard.
An additional feature of the adapter is its "Bootloader" function allowing
future firmware upgrades. The Sum adapter comes with a dedicated configuration mode,
which becomes available when R-Shift and Pause keys are pressed simultaneously.
User preferences are saved to the built-in EEPROM, thanks to which the device is
already configured the next time you reconnect it.
Features of Sum A600:
- support for both USB HID and USB PS/2 keyboards
- simple installation (sits on U7 chip)
- built-in USB stack
- configuration mode (activated by R-Shift and Pause key combination)
- built-in EEPROM enabling user preferences storage
- "Bootloader" function allowing future firmware upgrades
- "Status" indicator LED providing information about device state
- built around 16-bit Microchip microcontroller utilizing nanoWatt technology
- non-blocking keyboard A600