Due to a holiday in Germany we'll be enjoying a prolonged weekend.
We'll be back on Monday, May 30.
Workbench 3.1 Disk Set
Complete Set Containing 6 Diskettes
This original Amiga OS 3.1 disk set by Cloanto consists of the following six disks:
Workbench 3.1 remains true to the look and feel and the feature set of
the last Workbench by Commodore/Amiga, including support for 3.0 ROMs and
the ability to boot from floppy disks. For maximum compatibility, no new
ROM functionality is provided in the disk set.
- Install (bootable)
- Workbench (bootable)
The floppy disk set can be used alone (to boot and use the system),
or to create a new hard disk installation, equivalent to the Amiga Forever
Classic Support hard disk image. Enhancements include the installation
of workbench.library, Installer 44.10 and FastFileSystem 45.9.
Additionally, in a careful balance of preservation, restoration and
innovation, fixes and features of Workbench 3.1 include:
Workbench 3.1 remains compatible with 3.0 and
3.1 Amiga ROMs,
and is additionally compatible with 3.X ROMs as used in
- Dates were preserved, while file attributes and comments were restored
(relative to the distribution by ESCOM, Village Tronic and Vesalia Computer)
- Updated C/Version command (Y2K patch)
- Addition of Libs/workbench.library (for A4000T 3.1 ROMs and 3.X ROMs)
- Updated S/Startup-Sequence (conditional SetPatch, for 3.X ROMs)
- Updated Installer 44.10 and FastFileSystem 45.9 (to support larger disks)
- Installer itself is now part of the system installation (inside the Utilities directory)