Amiga Forever 9
Premium Edition Featuring 3 DVDs
The New Premium Edition of Amiga Forever!
New Features in Amiga Forever 9:
- New Arcade mode, with an immersive fullscreen option and game controller navigation
- New Tile ("thumbnail view") visualization mode
- Powerful column and tile field selection and sort options
- Additional visual features like Light and Dark mode, and more colorful skin variants
- New automation features (e.g. to automatically run a script or application on startup)
- Enhanced input functionality, including virtual buttons that can now simulate guest joystick events (e.g. autofire) in addition to keyboard events
- Enhanced content integration with Windows Search and File Explorer: new property handler to view and index RP9 title properties and enhanced preview handler to preview screenshots and box shots
- Support for new features introduced in Windows 10 versions 1909, 2004 and 20H2
- Hundreds of other new features and refinements
The Amiga computer, launched by Commodore in 1985, combined superior multimedia technology with ease of use, inspiring millions of the most creative and enthusiastic computer users ever.
Amiga Forever is the official Amiga preservation, emulation and support suite brought to you by Cloanto, developers of Commodore/Amiga software since the 1980s. This Premium Edition blends high-quality software and original content with the ultimate set of videos to chronicle and let you experience firsthand the history, culture, challenges and passion behind the Amiga.
|AROS & CDTV
|Workbench 1.3 Boot
||KX Light Boot
- Emulation of Amiga hardware (allows you to run Amiga software on your PC*)
- Original ROM and OS files (all Workbench versions from 0.7 to 3.X)
- Additional emulation and drivers (RTG, SCSI, TCP/IP, AHI, CDTV, CD32, etc.)
- RP9 format allows for advanced title authoring, preservation and easy cross-platform playback
- Preconfigured WinUAE and WinFellow emulation engines with auto-updates**
- Preinstalled games, demos and applications (web browser, paint, etc.)
- Support for thousands of downloadable Amiga games, demos and applications**
- Amiga Explorer and Amiga Files data sharing framework
- Optionally-bootable DVD, based on KX Light (boots your PC into Workbench)***
- More than five hours of "must-see" Amiga videos (two DVDs)
- Special features and gallery of items of historical interest
- Much, much more...
System Requirements (Windows Software):
- Operating system: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista,
and equivalent Windows Server editions
- CPU: 750 MHz (1 GHz recommended) with SSE2
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Hard disk: 700 MB free
- Video: high colour or true colour
- Sound: optional
- DirectX: 9.0 or higher
- Audiences: 7+ (depictions of violence)
- Media: 2 DVDs
- DVD region: 0 (all regions)
- Video system: NTSC (compatible with most PAL players)
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 (videos respect original format)
- Audio: English stereo, English mono
- Subtitles: English, Italian
- Special features: interactive menus, scene access
- Audiences: PG (infrequent bad language, use of alcohol)
Amiga Forever Plus Edition
Amiga Forever Game Pack I
Video DVD 1:
Launch of Amiga (1985, 17')
Inside Commodore (1988, 40')
Jay Miner Speech (1989, 49')
Jay Miner Interview (1990, 9')
History of the Amiga (1992, 43')
Video DVD 2:
The Deathbed Vigil (1994, 118')
Dave Haynie Interview (2001, 55')
Amiga Faces Picture Gallery (2005, 49')
* Emulation software for Windows is ready to run (from DVD or after installation, no additional downloads required). ROM and OS files can be used for emulation on other platforms (macOS or GNU/Linux), but may be unsupported and may require download and manual installation of additional free software. Due to hardware differences, Amiga floppy drives and other peripherals cannot be connected to non-Amiga hardware, even if running an emulation.
** Automatic updates and additional downloads require an internet connection. Download sites are listed on the website.
*** Experimental feature for advanced users. May not work on all hardware.
C64 aficionados should also have a look at Cloanto's second
C64 Forever 9.