There are currently shipping restrictions imposed due to the
SARS-CoV-2 pandemic which may lead to delays of shipments
outside of Europe.
for C64 and C128, PAL and NTSC models
+++ No longer available, please see
TURBO CHAMELEON 64
This clone of the legendary "Action Replay" cartridge has been
developed together with members of the active C64 scene. We're proud to
present new hardware for the Commodore 64 in the 21st century!
Technical data in detail:
The software is frequently updated by freeware programmers. Patches for the most
popular terminal programs Novaterm and Desterm are already available, so a Silversurfer
that is connected to the Retro Replay can be used.
- the read $de00 bug has been removed
- the freeze-logic has been re-developed "from scratch" and it's much
more secure than any other freezer before
- The buttons are of much higher quality than those of the original-AR
- the Freeze-key is digitally softened (no lockup on freeze)
- Software-switchable IO-area, so a REU can be used at the same time. (direct
support for REU is planned for Beta 4 of the driver software)
- FlashROM is programmable from C64 without additional equipment
- Two different ROMs can be used and selected with a hot-pluggable jumper.
(Think of one being PAL and the other one NTSC, or having other different
ROM versions on the same cart.)
- 32K RAM and 128K for ROM allow adding lots of features to the software
- The new board fits into many existing covers (shipped without cover!)
- Expansionport on the cartridge allows conneting the RS232-Interface
"Silversurfer" (theoretically up to 460800 Baud, 16 Byte Fifo)
- Turbo Assembler Makro in the flash (huge updates coming soon)!
- Sprite & Char editor in freeze-mode (planned for beta4)
- Graphics-ripper for Koala, Bitmap, (I)FLI and more
- Gold plated contacts, mainboard in flashing red!
MMC64 (MMC/SD card reader),
RR-Net (Ethernet expansion for Retro Replay and MMC64),
cartridge case (available in several colours).