FlexATX Motherboard w/ SoC AMCC 460ex CPU
The SAM460ex is the third modular motherboard produced by ACube Systems Srl
The core of the Sam 460ex board is the PowerPC 460ex, a System On Chip
(SoC) produced by AMCC under license from IBM. The 460ex can be clocked
up to 1.166 GHz.
* Please note: The SATA2 port and the PCI-e 1x slot are
mutually exclusive, only one of them can be used at a time.
- flex-ATX form factor (21.6 cm x 17 cm)
- 8 layers PCB
- AMCC 460ex SoC - up to 1.166 Ghz
- max 2 GB DDR2 RAM - 200-pin SODIMM up to 533 Mhz
- Silicon Motion SM502 embedded MoC (audio/video) max 64 MB Gfx RAM
- Audio 5.1 Realtek ALC655 codec
- PCI-express 4x lanes slot (16x mechanical connector)
- PCI-express 1x lane slot (*)
- PCI slot, 32 bit, 66/33 Mhz, 3.3V
- 1x SATA2 port (*)
- 6x USB2 EHCI/OHCI ports
- 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet port (another GigaEthernet is optional)
- Lattice XP2 FPGA with 80 I/O pins expansion connector (optional)
- UMTS/GSM module (optional, requires add-on card)
- 512 MB NAND Flash (optional)
- integrated SD USB card reader
- RTC clock
- Serial port, 8 wires
- I2C and SPI/I2C buses
- passive cooling (only on low speed CPUs)
- U-Boot 2010.06
Please use the configuration options to select memory, graphics card (optional),
and a SATA controller (strongly recommended).
Current state of the SAM460ex version of
The version currently shipped with the Sam460ex board is made from AmigaOS 4.1 Update 2.
You can download further AmigaOS updates from Hyperion Entertainment (registration required).
The current RadeonHD driver supports the following chipsets with full 2D hardware acceleration and DDC:
- R500 (with compositing support) - Radeon X1550, X1650, X1950 and others
- R600 - Radeon HD 2400 - HD 3450 - HD 3650 and others
- R700 - Radeon HD 4350 - HD 4650
The audio driver is not included on the CD-ROM, but a
beta driver is available on OS4Depot.net.
The driver for the onboard SATA port is still experimental (and hence it is not loaded by the
Kicklayout file by default). We recommend to buy an inexpensive SATA controller card together
with the board (see configuration options), this way you avoid the problems you could encounter
with the experimental driver and, as an additional benefit, have more SATA ports at your disposal.