Prometheus PCI Z-III
Prometheus is the most advanced
PCI bridge solution for Zorro III equipped Amiga computers. Designed
and produced with the highest quality technology, it gives your
Amiga fascinating expansion perspectives. With Prometheus
and the updated drivers available at the
you can connect to your Amiga a high performance graphics card,
a good quality sound card and a fast network card (or modem).
Even then, you will still have one free PCI slot for the planned
G3 processor card, which will be designed to take over the control
of your system. With this feature and the 68k emulator, you will no
longer need an expensive 68k processor card. What options and
expansion cards you choose, depends only on your financial resources
and... the space available in your tower case. Drivers and their
updates will always be ready to download from the Matay website, they
will also be published on popular Amiga press coverdisks. With extensive
help of - also independent - software developers the number of available
drivers and graphics, sound, network TV-capture, etc. cards working
with Prometheus will be constantly expanding.
- Works with any Zorro III equipped Amiga, regardless of the
turbo/processor card installed in the system
- Four 32-bit PCI slots clocked with 33 MHz
- Fits any tower case, also works with desktop A3000/4000s when
- Works with other Zorro III cards, supports AutoConfig
- Real transfer rates between Amiga and PCI cards - up to 12 MB/s
- Real transfer rates between PCI cards - up to 120 MB/s
- Additional on-board connector for the power supply
- Professionally designed four-layer printed circuit board with
gold-galvanized contacts - complies the PCI standard specifications.
Together with the Prometheus card you get a CD-ROM with:
- Drivers for the Voodoo3 graphics card, developed in close co-operation
with Hyperion and the authors of Picasso96. 2D drivers work under
the P96 system, 3D functions are available through Warp3D
- Drivers for the music card and the network card
- A completely free software development kit for programmers.
There is no need to sign an NDA and there are no additional fees.
- Demo versions of games using the 3D functions of Voodoo3: Heretic 2,
Shogo, Wipeout 2097
The Prometheus package also contains a three-lingual
reference manual (Polish, English, German), holders for the bridge
and PCI cards and an extension cord for a graphics card.
Due to the multiple tower solutions available for Amiga computers, there
was no way to adapt the Prometheus to fit all of them. Therefore, Prometheus
was designed as the smallest possible card to fit any tower case. It also fits
desktop Zorro III equipped Amigas, however with PCI cards installed, you cannot
close the case lid. Obviously, the PCI cards do not fit into the holder peg
slots of the tower cases. That is extension cords for them are provided. Simply,
connect the extension cord to the PCI card socket and screw the connector's
holder peg on to an available free slot in your tower case. This solution
gives you both the comfort of easy cord connection and the assurance
that your PCI cards will not disconnect from the slot while you move
the cords. Matay has the official support from the developers
of Picasso96 graphics system, which guarantees the highest quality
of the graphics drivers and its immediate updates if a bug is reported.
P96 is compatible with CyberGraphX, so problems even with CGX dependent
software are very unlikely.