Mediator Multimedia CD
The Mediator Multimedia CD opens the World of PCI Sound and TV cards for Amiga computers.
The Mediator Multimedia CD has been prepared to provide you with the complete package
of drivers to enable using PCI sound cards, TV tuner cards and graphic cards in
Mediator PCI busboards for Amiga 4000, Amiga 3000 and Amiga 1200 computers.
The minimum hardware configuration is: Amiga with a graphic card installed in the
Mediator PCI busboard and a Sound Blaster PCI128 sound card or a TV tuner card.
The minimum turbo card is 68030 with 8MB RAM.
The recommended configuration is: Amiga with a Voodoo3 graphic card, a Sound Blaster PCI128
sound card and TV Tuner card installed in the Mediator PCI busboard.
The recommended turbo card is the 68060 or PPC/68060 turbo card with 32MB RAM.
The AHI-standard drivers for music cards provide support for Sound Blaster PCI128
cards based on ES1371, ES1373, CT5880 and EV1938 chipsets.
The Sound Blaster PCI128 card uses the PCI bus in the Mediator busboard as the
busmaster performing DMA operations to/from the external memory.
With 8- and 16-bit mono and stereo playback and 16-bit stereo recording plus
user-selectable sampling rates from 5kHz to 48kHz, the Sound Blaster PCI128 produces
precise audio fidelity.
You can also connect 2 or 4 (optional) speakers for an engulfing 3D-surround
Two independent stereo DACs allow simultaneous playbacking of two stereo
Mixer: Every signal is processed and mixed with a 16-bit digital audio engine
for high quality. All inputs can be mixed together. It is possible to record from
all the inputs simultaneously. The volume and balance can be changed independently
for each input and output.
Sound Blaster PCI128 Features:
- PCI DMA sound card
- 8- and 16- bit mono and stereo recording and playback
- HiFi 18-bit AC'97 Codec used
- Full-Duplex (recording and playback)
- Very small CPU overhead; SB128 works as PCI busmaster
- User-selectable sample rating from 5kHz to 48kHz
- 3D surround sound effects
- Two independent stereo DACs
- Line In (stereo)
- CD_In (stereo)
- Aux_In (stereo)
- Video (stereo) optional
- TAD_In (mono) optional
- Microphone (mono)
- Line_Out (stereo)
- Aux_Out (stereo) optional
- TAD_Out (mono)
Drivers for TV tuner cards provide support for tuner cards based on the Video
TV screen is rendered in the graphic card screen in a user-scalable window (PIP).
The TV tuner cards make use of the PCI bus in the Mediator busboard as a busmaster
performing DMA operations to the graphic card memory.
The TV tuner card running in the Mediator PCI busboard does not burden the Amiga's
processor at all.
When full-screen TV image is generated, data transfer over the PCI bus between the
TV tuner card and the graphic card is executed at 44MB/s.
TV Tuner Features:
- PCI DMA TV tuner card
- Supports NTSC / PAL / SECAM video input
- Full TV frequency range for CATV / VHF / UHF
- Composite input supported
- 0% CPU overhead; TV tuner works as PCI busmaster
- Video capture rate: 30 frames/second maximum
- Resolution up to 768x576 (full PAL)
- Complex clipping of video source and VGA video overlay
- Image scaleable in X and Y directions
- FM band coverage from 87.5 to 108MHz (optional)
- CATV / VHF / UHF antenna
- FM radio antenna
- Composite video
Enhanced drivers for the Voodoo graphic card family
For Mediator PCI 1200, the package allows using the
memory window jumper set to 8MB independently of the Mediator PCI 1200 busboard