Multifunctional Cartridge for the Commodore 64
Nordic Replay is the successor to the
Retro Replay cartridge.
Originally redesigned as a DIY kit, it is now available as a fully-assembled
and boxed product, ready to be used with C64 and C128 (in C64 mode) computers.
Compared to its predecessor "Retro Replay", the logic chip was slightly
updated to also support the extra mapping mode of the "Atomic Power"
and "Nordic Power" ROMs while maintaining compatibility with the popular
"Action Replay" ROMs. However, the extended hardware of Nordic Replay
with its extra RAM (32 KBytes) and extra Flash memory (2x 64 KBytes) is best
utilized by the Retro Replay ROMs.
Nordic Replay is shipped with a pre-flashed Retro Replay ROM. Key features of
the Retro Replay ROM are:
- freezer for making backups, even of protected software
- machine language monitor
- fastload: loads 202 blocks in under 8 seconds!
- single keystroke commands for directory, Load, Run and more
- sprite killer and POKE finder for game
- floppy disk utilities: whole disk copier and fast formatter
- BASIC toolkit with many new functions like OLD, MERGE, direct entry of hex numbers and more
Please mind that iComp is not the author of the Retro Replay ROMs, hence support can only
be provided for hardware issues. ROMs are included with kind permission of the authors
CyberpunX, who provide software documentation in their
Replay Resources Wiki.