Amiga Forever 2014
Premium Edition featuring 3 DVDs
The new Premium Edition of Amiga Forever!
+++ No longer available, replaced by
Amiga Forever 7. +++
The Amiga computer, launched by Commodore in 1985, combined
superior multimedia technology with ease of use, inspiring
millions of the most creative and enthusiastic computer users
Amiga Forever is the award-winning Amiga preservation, emulation
and support package brought to you by Cloanto, Amiga developers
since 1986. This Premium Edition blends high-quality software and
original content with the ultimate set of videos to chronicle and
let you experience firsthand the history, culture, challenges and
passion behind the Amiga.
- New Build Image feature (Tools menu of Plus Edition), to create personalized ISO images
(burn to CD or DVD) and portable environments (e.g. to run from USB storage). This is
similar to the "old" Amiga Forever media, except that the content can now be
updated and customized.
- Support for third-party "RP-Image" templates, to generate bootable content,
etc. Documentation is available.
- New Restore System Files feature (Tools menu) to reset shared components (Amiga ROM
and OS files, system RP9s, etc.)
- New RP9 thumbnail provider for Windows is pure eye candy. This accompanies new and
faster Open, Edit and Convert to RP9 commands accessible directly from File Explorer,
to offer a better content experience outside the player.
- Set personal rating for any title (not just cataloged ones)
- New visual Screen Clip Editor, for easy adjustment of Amiga screen mode settings.
- WinFellow is now available as an additional RetroPlatform-enabled emulation plugin.
You can click any compatible title and select "Play with/WinFellow", or select
plugin priority and additional options in the Amiga Forever Emulation settings.
- Brand new Personal Paint 7.2 preinstalled in Workbench 3.X environment.
- Updated AROS and other content.
- Enhanced RP9 Editor, with new media mount options and dozens of new features.
- Integration with social networks for "Now Playing" updates, manual posts
and screenshot uploads.
|Amikit & AmigaSYS
|Workbench 1.3 Boot
||KX Light Boot
- Emulation of Amiga hardware (allows you to run Amiga software on your PC*)
- Original ROM and OS files (all Workbench versions from 0.7 to 3.X)
- Additional emulation and drivers (RTG, SCSI, TCP/IP, AHI, CDTV, CD32, etc.)
- Preconfigured WinUAE and WinFellow emulation engines with auto-updates**
- Preinstalled games, demos and applications (web browser, paint, etc.)
- Support for thousands of downloadable Amiga games, demos and applications**
- Amiga Explorer and Amiga Files data sharing framework
- Optionally-bootable DVD, based on KX Light (boots your PC into Workbench)***
- More than five hours of "must-see" Amiga videos
- Special features and gallery of items of historical interest
- Much, much more...
System Requirements (Windows Software):
- Operating system: Windows XP SP3, Windows Server 2003 SP2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 (R2), Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
- CPU: 750 MHz (1 GHz recommended)
- RAM: 512 MB (1 GB recommended)
- Hard disk: 400 MB free
- Video: high color or true color
- Sound: optional
- DirectX: 9.0 or higher
- Audiences: 7+ (depictions of violence)
- Media: DVD-9 x 2
- DVD region: 0 (all regions)
- Video system: NTSC (compatible with most PAL players)
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 (videos respect original format)
- Audio: English stereo, English mono
- Subtitles: English, Italian
- Special features: interactive menus, scene access
- Audiences: PG (infrequent bad language, use of alcohol)
Amiga Forever Plus Edition
Amiga Forever Game Pack I
Dave Haynie 2009 Interview (2009, 30')
Dave Haynie 2009 Interview - HD (2009, 30')
Video DVD 1:
Launch of Amiga (1985, 17')
Inside Commodore (1988, 40')
Jay Miner Speech (1989, 49')
Jay Miner Interview (1990, 9')
History of the Amiga (1992, 43')
Video DVD 2:
The Deathbed Vigil (1994, 118')
Dave Haynie Interview (2001, 55')
Amiga Faces Picture Gallery (2005)
* Emulation software for Windows is ready to run (from medium or
after installation, no additional downloads required). ROM and OS
files can be used for emulation on other platforms (e.g. Mac OS,
GNU/Linux, etc.), but may be unsupported and may require download
and manual installation of additional free software. Due to
hardware differences, Amiga floppy drives and some other
peripherals cannot be connected to non-Amiga hardware, even if
running an emulation.
** Automatic updates and additional downloads require internet
*** Experimental feature for advanced users. May not work on all hardware.
C64 aficionados should also have a look at Cloanto's second
C64 Forever 2014.